PROJECT H.O.M.E. Foundation “Mickey’s House” Referral Process for Charleston County School District Studen
PROJECT H.O.M.E. Foundation “Mickey’s House” Referral Process for Displaced High School Age (17-21) Students
- Once an unaccompanied youth has been identified as homeless, the student, the school or agency may contact Kim Wilson, Project Home Foundation President by email, firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 843-906-4208.
- If the unaccompanied youth meets eligibility status for Mickey’s House, Mr. Wilson will contact Mickey’s House representatives to request a meeting with the unaccompanied homeless youth. The eligibility requirements will be explained.
- If the unaccompanied homeless youth agrees to the living terms and conditions at Mickey’s House, the student completes a Mickey’s House application. The student, Mickey’s House Representative and Board President signs off on the application.
- Students who reside at Mickey’s House may need bus transportation. If transportation is requested, Mikey’s House representatives will facilitate a request for bus transportation from Durham School Bus Services. Students may also receive Carta bus tickets, or mileage reimbursement to and from their school of origin.
- Once approved student will move into Mickey’s House. Our goal is to facilitate student move in as quickly as possible.